Thursday, April 9, 2009

Aishwarya Rai


ARTICLE DATED MARCH 28th

Dear You,




Last night my little sister who is fifteen years old called me on the phone quite flustered and upset. I knew from the tone of her voice, use of unneeded and usually unused profanity that their was a lot on her mind.

She began to ask me various questions about different things that had been going on with her and in the world. Seldom does she ask me a question that stumps me.

She asked me “How can people say there‘s one type of beautiful” referring to an article that she had read about the “most beautiful woman in the world” Aishwarya Rai, the reigning queen of Indian cinema.

Personally I think that my little sister is a beautiful young women. She has an amazing smile, curly sandy golden brown locks of hair and a flawless complexion.

But her beauty comes from a place that cannot be seen by the structured eye. She is a compassionate, hard working teenager who is way beyond her years in an immense amount of ways, but still remains youthful within all of her trials and tribulations.

She is able to be both quite pensive and still engaged in her life. This balance is seldom found in a person. I cannot fathom the thought of how someone with this much beauty and potential is not seen as beautiful by the “rest of the world”.

How can something as “relative” as beauty, become so defined. People have idolized what has been constituted as “beautiful”
.

It pains me to know that my sister is blossoming in a world where she will not be able to show everyone her beauty because people already have wet their pallet and set things in stone.

I hope that this world gets it self in check soon, and stops making people feel less.


I hope that more people become like my sister, to fight against what “everyone” believes, persevere, define beauty for themselves


AND STOP MAKING LITTLE GIRLS FORGET ABOUT THERE OWN BEAUTY…

[If you don’t think so you don’t have to listen to me. These are just my thoughts. And besides, Im just a Wooden boy]


Sincerely,

Pinocchio

No comments:

Post a Comment